Host Institution Policy
Registration income pays for:
Photocopying/printing/mailing costs associated with arranging and holding conference
Telephone charges in connection with arranging conference
Space rental for exhibits, meeting rooms, Secretariat office at conference
Rental of photocopy machine for use during conference
Supplies for name tags, packets
Audio-visual rentals for session panelists
Security guard for exhibit area
Cassette tapes for recording sessions
Coffee breaks during conference
(Registration fees are set by the Executive Board.)
SALALM does not pay for:
Honoraria for speakers
Transportation expenses for participants, speakers, SALALM officers (except Executive Secretary), or Host Representative unless authorized in advance by the Executive Board
Social events/meals (banquets, receptions)
Host Institution pays for:
Host Representative's salary
Host Representative's travel expenses (unless Host Representative represents a non-U.S. site)
One reception Support staff for manning registration desk whenever it is open
Host Representative's Responsibilities:
- Selects meeting site and makes necessary arrangements (contracts should be signed by the Executive Secretary unless Host Representative deputized to do so by the Executive Secretary).
- Prepares text for invitation (in consultation with the President); prints and mails.
- Prepares and reproduces list of participants for packet.
- Prints program (text developed in consultation with the President).
- Reproduces working paper abstracts forwarded by the President and Microfilming Projects Newsletter forwarded by the compiler for packet.
- Arranges for photocopying facilities for use during the conference (resolutions, committee business, etc.)
- Provides typewriter for use by participants during the conference, with supplies and instruction book (if typewriter has word processing or other electronic features).
- Collects registration fees for those registering on-site and turns them over to the Executive Secetary with the registration forms.
- Consults with the Executive Secretary before incurring any expenses not authorized by the Conference Budget, which has been approved by the Executive Board.