|Conference Information > Presidential Travel Fellowship|
Presidential Travel Fellowship
The Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials (SALALM) invites applications from members and nonmembers for its Presidential Travel Fellowships. The fellowships provide up to $1,000 per person to defray the expenses of attending the organization's annual meeting.
The purpose of the award is to encourage presentations by:
(1) librarians (both members and potential members) from U.S. libraries or libraries abroad with programmatic responsibility for Latin American studies, but not necessarily Latin American specialists,
(2) librarians with an interest in Latin American librarianship beginning their career but without funds to travel to conferences, or
(3) students enrolled in U.S. library schools with an interest in Latin American librarianship but without funds to travel to conferences.
Applicants should propose papers that address the meeting's theme.
The award is offered in the form of a challenge. SALALM will match an applicant's institutional or personal support up to a ratio of 2:1; e.g., $500 in institutional or personal support will yield up to $1,000 from SALALM, giving the fellow a total of $1,500 for conference expenses.
For additional information about the Fellowship, please contact the SALALM President.
Criteria for Award of Presidential Travel Fellowship
The recipient must:
1. The applicant must submit to the President of SALALM the following documents:
2. Applications will be reviewed by SALALM President.
3. Applications will be reviewed until all funds have been awarded. Priority will be given to applications received by January 15 of the conference year.
Last modified 05/03/07